Apocalyptic Paradise Apocalyptic Paradise

Damn man, pretty good for not being a vocalist. I'm really digging your stuff tonight. Great songwriting and great musicianship. AND great mixing. Good job.

Twistedsanta responds:

Thanks so much! I'm glad you liked it \m/

Psychological War (!) Psychological War (!)

This was really refreshing to hear. Some very creative elements involved in this and the progression is pretty unique. Kind of reminds me of some stuff Transcending Bizarre would do. Like if they had a baby with KMFDM. Very good guitar work as well. Really loved this mixing on the vocals, but I must say, the chuggy guitars left something to be desired. I did not feel like they were high enough nor wide enough in the mix. Thats why only 4 1/2. Really nice though. Great job on this achievement.

psycopathmusic responds:

Your comment is much appreciated, thanks for the support. Stay tuned for more!!

November November

This is amazing man. Really a unique style. I really don't find anything wrong with your mixing either. Maybe a little more low end could be implemented but other than that, fantastic. All the way around.

Best Intentions (Instr.) Best Intentions (Instr.)

Really good! I agree, it reminds me a lot of Slipknot. It's a little short for my taste and doesn't give you much room to ponder where it's going with anticipation but for what it is, I really enjoyed it!

ctrlBrain - Liar ctrlBrain - Liar

This was pretty awesome actually. I like the sci fi subtlety in there. I try to do that myself in my music lol. My one gripe is I absolutely hate that fake guitar. HATE it. But I just pretend it's real lol. Nice job!

Of Epic Proportions Of Epic Proportions

I have way to much to say about how awesome this is but I'll keep it short. Epic. Lifted my spirits right back up. I knew right away when MetalJonas was playing cause of his floyd rose technique lol. Thought that was funny. But, yeaaah, holy crap this was awesome.

RobSoundtrack responds:

That's the way!! Thanks so much, and glad that it lifted you up

Hahaha yeah he's a master divebomber and flutterer

I can definitely now hear everyones distinct tone aspects as well
It's crazy. I'd like to take and implement some into my own....*evil grin*

If I might say,
We are glad you like it man

Nano Crisis - Lock n Load Nano Crisis - Lock n Load

I also really liked the intro to the song. Vocals do need some work but at this point they don't seem like a major part of the piece. Your song writing is excellent in my opinion. Everything flows quite well and I never lost interest. Your mixing could be helped a bit I think by reducing the amount of reverb in the mix. Reverb can do wonders to the atmosphere of the song, but too much will make it seem muddy and sloppy. Anyways, besides all that, I really liked it man.

Copy-23 responds:

Hey thanks for the comment!

The vocals are just placement. It's me singing and I can barely control pitch at the best of times, so doing falsetto was never going to work haha. I like how you saw that and heard what I wanted it to be, not what it is, takes alot of forethought, thanks again for that.

The mixing is pretty basic, each guitar is double recorded, so i played it twice and overlapped into each hard panned. There's some parts that need to be re-done because the picking slightly pops out of timing so that's #1 on my books. So the mixing is bare with no compression or effects (bar the pedal) and sitting roughly at -10 db (Normally I use -6 db but my DAW was having a dummy spit and without compression there's alot of frequency space being used by ... well unheard frequencies).

The reverb is a bit up in the air as you can tell. When I started this piece, I heard an opera which triggered the inspiration of trying to 'simulate' and I use that term loosely, a female choir/gregorian chant type sound. So everything built up from the 'Singing on a large live stage' so reverb was a bit overused, especially when it's tone changed later.

Thanks for the well made review! \m/

Chemicals [NGADM] Chemicals [NGADM]

This is pro dude. I can't think of anything negative to say about it musically. Seriously! Anybody who says that it seems like it's all over the place, in all respect, just doesn't dig the complexity of this style. The music community on New grounds continues to stagger me. The flow you have going on here is amazing. And when the flow gets cut short, it's always because of creative fills and transitions. Mad props dude and keep making music, cuz I wanna here it.

Last but not least, you remind me a lot of two bands. Between the Buried and Me, and Subterranean Masquerade. By chance do you listen to them?

Kor-Rune responds:

Thank you for your kind review! I'm glad you appreciate my musical ADHD!

I've actually never heard of Subterraneon Masquerade. I've heard lots of BTBAM though, yessir.

Aokigahara De Aimashou Aokigahara De Aimashou

Holy shit!!!

Duuuuuddddeee... this is awesome. Excellent. I love music I need to think about and try to wrap my head around. I cant really think of anything to complain about. Everything sounds pretty good. The mix is done well and the mastering sounds good. Your skill in playing is up there too. Sounds very Veil of Maya-ish. At 45 seconds my heart stopped. Just saying. \m/

TheRealSam responds:

Hope it started beating later in the song, or else you'd pretty much be in danger :3
Thanks a lot man!! :D

Black Mourning (Damn The Rest) Black Mourning (Damn The Rest)

Super Grim!!

I really liked the scales you guys used in this one.I get a really dark feeling when hearing it. The production in pretty good. There is room for improvement in the mix I think. Almost like the levels are a bit too high. The first 40 seconds is missing something I think. The lead guitar just doesn't flow well. However the outro into the next song sounds awesome! You guys did a swell job \m/